Hi expats and other non-Dutch speakers in our neighborhood, welcome to the site of Iris Elektrick!
Iris Elektrick is a platform for groups of people who will drive a car together: car sharing.
Car sharing is for Iris Elektrick about the joint possession, use and maintenance of a car. And then, preferably, an electric car.
… as economic as possible, we have the mentality of a second-hand car driver…
The advantages of car sharing are simple and clear:
- car driving without owning one
- use of a second car without buying one
- more economical driving
- affordable electric driving
- always knowing where the car is parked
- a lower parking pressure in the neighbourhood
- a clear choice per trip between bike, public transport, car or cab
- a lower environmental impact
If you want to know more, please check out the following pages:
- about us -why Iris Elektrick and why a foundation
- about you – some arguments of yours to join
- how does that work? – what Iris Elektrick does for you and car sharing
- frequently asked questions (FAQ) – answers to repetitive questions
- news – news, stories and background articles
Find for instance the experiences of the first car sharing group (Iris #1) in the news blog:
with which arrangements they started car sharing (Yeah, we are starting!)
and what their conclusions are after 1 year of car sharing in practice (one year of car sharing, report by Iris #1).